Culture Life Night!
All teens are invited to join us for a night of Teen discussions on the Culture. 7-9 PM in the Video Room. Pizza and Refreshments afterwards.
Join us on Holy Thursday at the Liturgy and Candlelit Procession and then join us on a pilgrimage to the local parish Repositories saying the Sorrowful Mysteries. We will end at St. Katherine’s for a reception. Join us on Good Friday on a pilgrimage to the City for a Living Stations. We will meet at 11 AM and return by 9 PM.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK OUT THE ARCHDIOCESAN WEBSITE! – PLEASE CONTACT SIJ YOUTH OFFICE AT SIJYOUTH@GMAIL.COM TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
The Pope’s New Year Resolutions – Try them out this year!
Have you made any New Year’s resolutions this year? If not, and you’d still like to, Pope Francis has some ideas. These are some things that he called upon Vatican employees to do:
– “Take care of your spiritual life, your relationship with God, because this is the backbone of everything we do and everything we are.”
– “Take care of your family life, giving your children and loved ones not just money, but most of all your time, attention and love.”
– “Take care of your relationships with others, transforming your faith into life and your words into good works, especially on behalf of the needy.”
– “Be careful how you speak, purify your tongue of offensive words, vulgarity and worldly decadence.”
– “Heal wounds of the heart with the oil of forgiveness, forgiving those who have hurt us and medicating the wounds we have caused others.”
– “Look after your work, doing it with enthusiasm, humility, competence, passion and with a spirit that knows how to thank the Lord.”
– “Be careful of envy, lust, hatred and negative feelings that devour our interior peace and transform us into destroyed and destructive people.”
– “Watch out for anger that can lead to vengeance; for laziness that leads to existential euthanasia; for pointing the finger at others, which leads to pride; and for complaining continually, which leads to desperation.”
– “Take care of brothers and sisters who are weaker … the elderly, the sick, the hungry, the homeless and strangers, because we will be judged on this.”
Happy New Year!
Join us for our Annual March for Life on January 22nd to Washington D.C. The cost is $35.oo and we will be joining youths from Chester County! Please contact Joe Aquilante at SIJYouth@gmail.com if you are interested in attending.