The Pope’s New Year Resolutions – Try them out this year!
Have you made any New Year’s resolutions this year? If not, and you’d still like to, Pope Francis has some ideas. These are some things that he called upon Vatican employees to do:
– “Take care of your spiritual life, your relationship with God, because this is the backbone of everything we do and everything we are.”
– “Take care of your family life, giving your children and loved ones not just money, but most of all your time, attention and love.”
– “Take care of your relationships with others, transforming your faith into life and your words into good works, especially on behalf of the needy.”
– “Be careful how you speak, purify your tongue of offensive words, vulgarity and worldly decadence.”
– “Heal wounds of the heart with the oil of forgiveness, forgiving those who have hurt us and medicating the wounds we have caused others.”
– “Look after your work, doing it with enthusiasm, humility, competence, passion and with a spirit that knows how to thank the Lord.”
– “Be careful of envy, lust, hatred and negative feelings that devour our interior peace and transform us into destroyed and destructive people.”
– “Watch out for anger that can lead to vengeance; for laziness that leads to existential euthanasia; for pointing the finger at others, which leads to pride; and for complaining continually, which leads to desperation.”
– “Take care of brothers and sisters who are weaker … the elderly, the sick, the hungry, the homeless and strangers, because we will be judged on this.”
Happy New Year!
Join us for our Annual March for Life on January 22nd to Washington D.C. The cost is $35.oo and we will be joining youths from Chester County! Please contact Joe Aquilante at SIJYouth@gmail.com if you are interested in attending.
Kairos is a 4 day – 3 night retreat. All participants can download the Permission Slip and drop it off to the Rectory Office.
All teens in 10th-12th Grade are invited to attend. Please contact Joe Aquilante at SIJYOUTH@gmail.com for more information.
Attention All Youth:
A lot is happening these next few days. Please join us for one or all of them!
Thursday – We will be heading to St. Katherine’s for the Healing Mass. Please meet up at St. Isaac’s at 6:30 to carpool or just meet us there at 7 PM if you would like to meet there. Please let me know if you will meet at St. Isaac’s or St. Katherine’s.
Friday – We will be meeting at St. Isaac’s at 7PM to go to see Cinderella at Bishop Shanahan. We will visit the Dowingtown Diner afterwards. The cost of the show is $12. Bring some extra money for the Diner.
Saturday – Kick Off of the Parish Mission! After the 5 PM Mass there will be a Holy Hour for the Youth. Afterwards there will be a reception in the Parish Hall. Fr. Nathan is a dynamic speaker who travels the world dedicating his ministry to the Youth. You don’t want to miss this Parish Mission.
Sunday through Wednesday - The Parish Mission will continue with the mission every evening by Fr. Nathan at 6:30 starting with a Holy Hour and then talk. Mark your calendar!
All Youth are welcome to join us on two pilgrimages this week!
Padre Pio Pilgrimage:
When/Where: Tuesday, August 12th at The National Center for Padre Pio in Barto, Pa
Time: 9:30 AM – 5 PM
Cost: $ 5.00
Philadelphia Shrines Pilgrimage:
When/Where: Wednesday, August 13th in Philadelphia at the local city shrines in Philadelphia, Pa
Time: 9:30 AM – 9:30 PM
Cost: $ 15.00
Please Note: Please bring extra money for lunch an/or dinner and souvenirs if you wish. All participants must download, printout and bring the attached permission slip to attend. If you have any questions please email Joe Aquilante at SIJYouth@gmail.com